The movement to recall California Governor Gavin Newsom gained more momentum Wednesday as organizers officially submitted millions of signatures to potentially remove the top Democrat from office.
Officials have until April 29th to validate the signatures and schedule a vote.
“Am I worried about it? Of course I’m worried about it,” Newsom said. “The nature of these things, the up or down question, the zero-sum nature of the question is challenging…so we’re taking it seriously.”
"Am I worried about it? Of course I'm worried about it," Newsom tells @TheView.
"The nature of these things, the up or down question, the zero-sum nature of the question is challenging…so we're taking it seriously." https://t.co/VQPtWw0qXe
— ABC News (@ABC) March 16, 2021
After receiving backlash for going against his own recommendations last year by attending a maskless, mostly indoor dinner at a restaurant while much of the state was on lockdown, California Gov. @GavinNewsom tells @TheView “it was a terrible mistake.” https://t.co/xOnQDip7Iu pic.twitter.com/xr83eMn5tg
— The View (@TheView) March 16, 2021
“This one appears to have the requisite signatures,” the Democratic governor said.
“I’ve only been in office 25 months, just 25 months there’s been six efforts to put a recall on the ballot. This one appears to have the requisite signatures. This started before the pandemic,” he said. “If you look at the list of grievances from the proponents of this campaign, it goes to our values, it’s less about me, it’s more about California and our values, Democratic Party values.”
“I have to do my job every single day, but I’m gonna fight this thing because I’m gonna fight for California values and the things I hold dear,” he added.
Watch Newsom’s admission above.
Author: Hannity Staff